Template provided by Automattic
Hi there! This Privacy Notice explains how we, NARWHAL HOCKEY, processes information about the visitors here through WordPress.com, Jetpack (including WooCommerce Services), IntenseDebate, Polldaddy.com, and Akismet where applicable.
Who’s Who and What This Privacy Notice Covers
Automattic’s services which may be attached to this website include.
- WordPress.com offers the design, features, and support to bring a website to life.
- With Jetpack, website owners that host their websites elsewhere can connect those websites to features and tools available through WordPress.com and WooCommerce Services.
- Polldaddy helps site owners create quizzes, surveys, and polls that fit their brand and vision.
- Intense Debate gives site owners tools to manage comments on their websites.
- Akismet helps keep spam under control by filtering out spam comments–hundreds of millions, every day!
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services when visiting NARWHAL HOCKEY. Visitors to NARWHAL HOCKEY can read published content and interact with NARWHAL HOCKEY through features such as comments, “likes,” poll/survey responses, and follows.
Information Collected About Visitors.
We collect information about visitors to our in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to NARWHAL HOCKEY, we collect some information automatically.
Information a Visitor Provides to a Site
We’ll start with information that visitors provide directly to NARWHAL HOCKEY, which primarily happens when visitors type into a text field on NARWHAL HOCKEY, like a comment field or a sign-up form. There are other possible methods. Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to NARWHAL HOCKEY:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to NARWHAL HOCKEY through an Automattic service we collect the sign-up information requested by NARWHAL HOCKEY, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on the ssite, we collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- PollDaddy Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or other type of survey prepared by NARWHAL HOCKEY via Polldaddy.com, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/quiz/survey response, like an e-mail address.
- Other Information Entered on NARWHAL HOCKEY: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on NARWHAL HOCKEY–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or NARWHAL HOCKEY registration.
Information We Automatically Collect from NARWHAL HOCKEY
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to NARWHAL HOCKEY. The information we automatically collect depends on which of our services NARWHAL HOCKEY uses. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to NARWHAL HOCKEY, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: We collect information about a visitor’s interactions with NARWHAL HOCKEY, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to NARWHAL HOCKEY using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally of how many people visit NARWHAL HOCKEY from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about our Automattic’s Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Akismet Commenter Information: We collect information about visitors who comment NARWHAL HOCKEY that use Automattic’s Akismet anti-spam service. The information collected depends on how NARWHAL HOCKEY sets up Akismet, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
- Polldaddy Response Information: Also collected is information about visitors who respond to a Polldaddy survey. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system, user agent, and the web page last visited.
- Intense Debate Commenter Information: Also collected is information about visitors who comment NARWHAL HOCKEY that use our Intense Debate service. The information that we collect depends on how Intense Debate is setup for NARWHAL HOCKEY, but typically includes the IP address and account information on NARWHAL HOCKEY, along with the comment.
Other Information Provided by Our Users
Automattic may also collect any other information that NARWHAL HOCKEY provides to them about visitors to NARWHAL HOCKEY. For example, a User may upload a directory or other information about visitors and customers to the “backend” administrative platform for managing NARWHAL HOCKEY.
How We Use Visitor Information
How We Share Visitor Information
NARWHAL HOCKEY may share information collected about visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of David F. Pendrys, NARWHAL HOCKEY, our visitors, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like.
Notes from Automattic which owns WordPress.com
Automattic Users’ Sites may contain ads from third party ad networks and advertisers, and NARWHAL HOCKEY may integrate other tools and services on NARWHAL HOCKEY (such as Google Analytics and third party plugins). Please note that this part of the privacy notice only covers the collection of information by Automattic, and does not cover the collection by any third party. Ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about visitors’ use of NARWHAL HOCKEY and across other websites and online services, such as a visitor’s IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by those companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content, and deliver advertisements that may be more targeted to visitor interests. For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org, and for more information on interest-based ads, including information about how visitors may be able to opt out of having their web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices (US based) and youronlinechoices.eu (EU based).
How Automattic Shares Visitor Information
Automattic may share information collected about NARWHAL HOCKEY visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: Automattic may disclose NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide their services to Users and their Sites, or to process the information on their behalf. Automattic requires subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that Automattic shares with them.
- Third Party Vendors: Automattic may share NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to them. This group includes vendors that help them provide our services to their Users and their Sites. Automattic requires vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: Automattic may disclose NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how they respond to requests for information, please see their Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: They may disclose Site visitor information when they believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Automattic, their Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if they have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, they may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Automattic goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, NARWHAL HOCKEY visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with their Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). Automatticprovide a “firehose” stream of public data (including comments) from Sites to provide that data to firehose subscribers, who may view and analyze the content, but do not have rights to re-publish it publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.